Pages

Tuesday 18 September 2012

Aquamarkers and Heat Embossing


Letraset have released 20 new colours in their Aquamarker range, so I thought I'd show a cool technique using 2 different stamps, some clear heat embossing and some of the new Aquamarkers

1. Firstly, I “inked up” a script background stamp with the wide nib of the Carrot aquamarker and stamped it onto a piece of watercolour paper
2. Next I inked up a silhouette stamp with Versamark embossing ink and stamped this over the script background. Then covered with clear embossing powder.
3. I then heated the embossing powder with a heat tool until it was all melted and shiny
4. I then scribbled the Dusky Plum aquamarker onto an acrylic block and used a waterbrush to pick up the colour and paint onto the image that has been left by the clear embossing. Layering up the colour to create darker areas on the flower petals.
5. I used a selection of greens plus the new Lagoon aquamarker to colour the stalks
6. Once the image is dry, I trimmed it to size, mounted it onto dark brown card, and attached it to my card base along with a greeting
Supplies List:
  • Hero Arts CG268 Thankyou Definition 
  • Hero Arts CG140 Poppy Background
  • Hero Arts CL497 Find Joy
  • Carrot, Dusky Plum, Lagoon aquamarkers
  • Versamark embossing inkpad
  • Clear embossing powder, white embossing powder
  • Watercolour paper
  • Brown and Taupe card from The Papeterie
Thanks for looking, would love to see your aquamarker projects
Debbi x

1 comment:

  1. Oh I like that technique I'm fancying trying it with DI! Mmmm.

    ReplyDelete