Pages

Wednesday 28 November 2012

Flexmarker Christmas Tags


I have a bit of a fixation for tags at the moment in my crafting, and I think it's probably because my crafty time is very limited now that the Christmas shopping is well underway. I usually use the water based AquamarkersMetallic Markers or Neon Markers to colour backgrounds on tags and cards, but I thought I'd show you a super quick and effective way to use your flexmarkers and promarkers for backgrounds.
Firstly I cut strips of Diamond White card a little larger than I required
I then selected a few flexmarkers that were in the same area of the colour wheel - in this case I used Imperial Purple, Red Violet, Vermilion and Shocking Pink 
Using the broad chisel nib end, I coloured the strips horizontally, overlapping at each colour change. Now you can take your time to get a nice smooth blend between colours, or be as rough and ready as I was for a more textural effect. (I also used the brush nib to get some more defined flashes)
I then die cut the tags, but you could just as easily cut to size with a paper trimmer or scissors and a hole punch. I then chose some Christmas stamps and stamped over the tags using Archival Ink. And here are the finished tags - quick as  a flash!
Supplies List:
  • Letraset Flexmarkers
  • Diamond White cardstock from The Papeterie
  • Tim Holtz Tag & Bookplates die
  • Christmas stamps - I used ones from MME and Inkadinkado
  • Archival Ink
Debbi x

No comments:

Post a Comment